Monday, February 1, 2010

Grammy's 2010

Yesterday, I very happily attended the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California. This has been a dream of mine to go, for a while, so it was a bit of a dream come true to finally attend! First off, I decided to imitate the Dior Spring 2010 runway look, parting my hair to the side, and giving my long layers soft curls. I also wore a dark burgundy lip stain, a very light rosy cheek, and simple mascara. For clothing, I decided upon a glittery dress which was accessorized with my grandma’s vintage caplet and her vintage shoes. Unfortunately, I did not particularly love the dress that I wore, but I was persuaded* by a certain family member of mine to wear it.

The award ceremony was very fun and upbeat, but in my opinion, I was a bit disappointed for the lack of “tasteful music." Funny enough, though, I did really enjoy the performance by Eminum, Drake and Little Wayne. Now, I think that if you did know me very well, one might be laughing because I am not exactly the type of person that listens to rap music… But, anything goes these days!

Anyways, onto the MOST important part: the fashion. To my dismay, the fashion was a train-wreck! Throughout the stadium, I was not able to find even ONE frock that I enjoyed (this is quite hard to believe because the staple center is a very large place!) I was only bombarded with sights of sequins, rhinestones and cheesy, over the top prom-looking dresses! PLUS… people were wearing WHITE, the forbidden color! Yes, I do know that it is Los Angeles, and anything goes, but a fully white dress to the Grammys is NOT right, before Spring! Even the celebrities’ dresses were…ick (is that the word?)

So, to sum up the night, I had a really fantastic time! I also attended the Grammys after party with a few friends, and I was surprised to hear Ne-yo, Jamie Fox, and Fabulous. It was so very exciting to be there, and it made me really appreciate the music business and (gasp!) Los Angeles, for a moment.

Below, is a VERY BAD photo of my “Dior” hair and makeup. (Hair done by Lizzy) Unfortunately, I was not able to snap a photo of my outfit, nor was I smart enough to take photos of my mother (who by the way, looked quite stunning) and my father who wore wore clothing that matched (He will only do this on FEW occasions.) Please ignore my outfit... and my face. Thank you.

*My mom threatened to ground me if I did NOT wear the dress that she bought for me a year ago. Suffer for fashion? I guess not in this case!

No comments:

Post a Comment